Design and Technology
Design & Technology provides opportunities for students to use design and systems thinking to generate ethical and innovative designed solutions for sustainable futures in several technologies contexts. Students will select and manipulate a range of materials, systems, components, tools, equipment and machinery, creatively, competently and safely.
Design & Technology enables students to combine creative thinking and practical problem solving skills.
In Design & Technology students will focus on the Human Centred design process to investigate, design, make and reflect on projects from a given design brief. At each level of study students will work independently and collaboratively to build on concepts, skills and processes developed in previous courses to produce designed solutions of increasing complexity.
- Year 7/8 Textiles
- Year 7/8 Jewellery
- Year 7/8 Wood Technology
- Year 7/8 Metal Technology
- Year 7/8 Young Chefs: Food For Life
- Year 7/8 Young Chefs: Intro to International Cuisine
- Year 7/8 iSTEAM
- Year 9/10 Jewellery
- Year 9/10 Master Chefs (Food Technology)
- Year 9/10 Textiles Design
- Year 9/10 iSTEAM
- Year 9/10 Wood & Metal Technology
- Year 10 VET Construction (there is a course cost of $60 for the semester)
- Year 10 VET Hospitality—year-long(there is a course cost of $80 for the year)